Sunday, May 22, 2016

Frédéric Cassel: Violet

Was over near Ginza at night, so I went over to get a ninth cake from Frédéric Cassel, Violet, a seasonal cake, for 777 yen. This is a two-layer cheese cake, with rare cheese mousse over a baked cheese cake. On top and between is cassis, so there is a mild red berry taste rather than a lemon taste. The crust gave the impression of a graham cracker crust. It does not really redefine cheesecake, but it well combines several version and is excellent (and maybe there only another week).

That's two great shops in a row, so I'll aim lower next, probably Tuesday, depending on the weather. I've got my eye on a new place (to me) blogged by Sweet Sonobe. On the great shops' front, I miscounted: Jean-Paul Hevin is up to 15 cakes posted. The others are at 9 now, except Dalloyao, which is 13, and Henri le Roux, which only ever has the same 4 cakes. If I get all seven shops all up to 10, then I'll feel obliged to finally get back to Clover and Piece Montée (which was tonight's backup) to get all the potentially excellent ones up to 2 cakes each.

No comments:

Post a Comment