Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Pièce Montée: Fromage Cru

Monday, I ran some revised neighborhood loops, only semi-successfully. The Minami-Aoyama east loop was successful clockwise and the Minami-Motomachi--Moto-Akasaka loop was successful counterclockwise, only I decided to change it on the fly, so now I need to run it clockwise again. Also, since now I'm allowing links through subway access tunnels, I should had a Kita-Aoyama east loop (which has at least part of the park-like part of Meiji-Jinguu Gaien, as well as a children's park on the public housing side, but it was the return of Starbucks that really triggered my considering it (there is also a Japanese confectionery, which I may or may not included, depending my next look in the shop when it's open). So I'm adding nearby loops I need to do faster than I can catch up back to expanding outward. No cake that day, but I was feeling like pizza and tried some place that I won't bother to name. Not the worst, but probably never need to go back.

Tuesday was an indoor workout day, so I just used a bicycle to go to
Pièce Montée to get a 5th cake, to try to resolve the boundary between exceptional and quite fine shops (it's the shops with just one great cake that are the problem). Since I've had luck with them lately (and the selection is pretty small), I went with Fromage Cru. Workout went fine, as the did the cake. I'm rating this as definitely good: very nice balance of raspberry (there's filling) and cheesecake, but simple, with a tart base. Note sure that I got the "feather" and the raspberry back in the correct locations after I got it home, but seems somewhat reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment