Thursday, October 24, 2019

Camélia: Chocolate Cake

Wednesday, I worked the latest I had for some time, but since the plan was to go to Camélia in Ginza, which closes at 2 am (the shop that is; I'm sure Ginza is open for business much later), no problem. Also, it was an indoor workout day, so I went by bicycle. This time I remembered to bring my own (insulated, zipper) bag, so I didn't have to waste another super fancy one of theirs for my one piece of cake. Since this was my third cake, after two excellent ones, I figured it was my last try to get a great one from this new shop for a while, so I went for the Chocolate Cake (the Japanese name didn't include Cake, but I can't remember whether it was just the Japanese "Choco" or like the French, "Chocolat"; also, the actual Latin name was written without a space and I'm not sure whether it "Chocolatcake" or "Chocolatecake"). This is chocolate glaze over chocolate mousse over probably chocolate cream or ganache over a chocolate sponge/biscuit. Very simple, but nice chocolate, so I can say that this was excellent two. This shop is firmly in the quite fine category of shops, so I hope to get back to it in about a year.

I'll need to find a new, new shop and I've realized that I can't ignore the one in Meiji Memorial Hall any more (on the groups that it seemed more of a restaurant and the building smells bad to me), because I realize now that they have a dessert counter at Ginza Mitsukoshi. That means I have to breakup revise my neighborhood map near there, so now I've got three loops that I thought I had memorized that need to be re-verified.

No comments:

Post a Comment