Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Cake-off: Sadaharu Aoki's Noisette Chocolat over Éclat des Jours' Cheminée

I'm way behind blogging. Sunday, I cycled to Éclat des Jours and got the Cheminée, which is perhaps my favorite raspberry cake, though actually it's also chocolate cake. Then I went to Sadaharu Aoki at Isetan and got the Noisette Chocolat for a second-round cake-off before the latter leaves the line-up at the end of the month.

Floto: Blueberry and Almond Tart
Before that, I went out and did some recon, including visiting Floto for the first time, which is a sister store to Bien-être. They mostly don't have cake, being focused on gelato (which I'm not interested in) and baked goods, so I got a blueberry and almond tart. I didn't eat it under the best conditions, but it seemed quite good, so I'm going to say that it was excellent, giving them the benefit of the doubt. Certainly they are good enough for me to shift my course to go by them. Note a very good picture, but mosquitoes were a problem in that (and most) parks.
Cake-off: Noisette Chocolat over Cheminée




For the cake off, both cakes are chocolate, one fruit and one nuts. Predictably, I'm going with the nuts, though as far as I know they are both the best of their type that I've had. Certainly both are rich but have good harmonization between the chocolate and compliment flavor.



Cookie Time: Chocolate Chip Cookie
Just to pack more into this post, Monday I did a short run along with some indoor exercise. It's out of order because I originally planned to go to Nikunohanamasu but changed my mind and went to Takashibiya. Anyway, picking off minor non-cake places on my neighborhood course, I visited Cookie Time near the Harajuku Station and got a chocolate chip cookie. This was an extremely soft cookie, which I suppose is not that unusual, and is fine for a quick calorie fix, but just okay as a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment