Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Frédéric Cassel: Mille-feuille Finger Kaki

Tuesday, since the once-a-week applies only to new cakes, I went back to Frédéric Cassel and this time got the new mille-feuille, the Mille-feuille Finger Kaki. This was a full run both ways, and I used my eco cake bag from Ryoura. It's been a while since the Mille-feuille Finger has been part of the line-up. Previously, this was part of the regular monthly "Inspiration", but actually this month's inspiration has no individual cakes and this mille-feuille is separate with an unclear cutoff day.

The visible fruit is persimmon. Not sure what the gelatin cubes are. The main filling is yuzu cream, rather than mascarpone cheese, like in the old versions.  The whipped cream on top is flavored with houjicha (roasted green tea), so it's got lots of Japanese elements. Accordingly, I ate with green tea rather than the usual western/Indian tea. Bien E. has me used to different fruity mille-feuille, which is probably why I could appreciate this and consider it great. I guess it's going to be a Ginza first-round cake-off next.

No comments:

Post a Comment