Thursday, November 8, 2018

Sadaharu Aoki: Moelleux Chocolat

Tuesday, I thought I would get a Moelleux Chocolat from Sadaharu Aoki and maybe workout inside, out of the rain, but they were sold out. Also, the rain mostly stopped, so not a big deal to run. After some other quick shopping, I went home, changed clothes, and (after stretching of course) went running to the Marunouchi Sadaharu Aoki looking for the same thing, though I was reluctantly willing to settle for the mille-feuille azuki, or whatever it's called, which sounds terrible, but is probably at least good if they make it. However, both were sold out, so I ran to Tokyo Midtown, which is open until 9 pm and it had (only) the Moelleux Chocolat. I walked it home.

Moelleux Chocolat (Sadaharu Aoki)
Even though the online advertising mentions microwaving it and shows the inside melted, they didn't make any recommendation at the shop, so I just ate it cold from the refrigerator. It was still soft (moelleux), just not fondant-like. It was not dramatic, but it really seemed like a perfect chocolate cake, great cake. There is a visible core that obviously would melt first if warmed up, so I'm curious how they make it. In fact, I'm curious enough to look for it in a Sadaharu Aoki cookbook, if I can find one.


No comments:

Post a Comment