Thursday, November 8, 2018

Bien-être, Mille-Feuille au Poire

I ran to Bien-être, where I had pre-ordered and prepaid for a Mille-Feuille au Poire (or whatever they were calling it; no card out and they just wrote down mille-feuille on the order, since they only have one type at a time). I took a long way to get there and practiced some of the mega-loop that includes the shop and that I want to practice on Saturday.

The cake is a tough call, but I'm going with excellent, same as all their other mille-feuille. The pear didn't impress me much, so this is maybe my least favorite of theirs, but I still enjoyed the cake plenty and on reflection maybe the pear was doing its job, just it is subtle with the custard. Still need two more new cakes to catch them up as a superb shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment