Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Ginza walk: Dalloyau, Narutokintoki Murasaki Tart

Been a while. I was confirming that Tokyo is the best place for cake. Did some long slow walking there (16.6 at about 4.5 km/h), but today the first half averaged above 6.5 km/h. I'm going to drop keeping track of half-kilometers/hour speeds at the next update of my chart to track my running budget, probably when my average exceeds 6.5 km/h in general for a total of 9.2 km both ways (skipping a lot of shopping walking).

Frédéric Cassel's last announced special (not the monthly) was not visible there at 5 pm on Monday. I suspect that normal specials only past until Sunday or they run out of ingredients, not sure which. Anyway, Aux Bacchanales is close and is the highest priority of the near-greats that I'm going to set (because I've only blogged 4 cakes), so I thought I'd get a head start on catching them up, but it turns out they gave up on patisserie stuff in June. Too bad, because they had a couple cakes I really liked. Ended up going back to Dalloyau and got the Nautokintoki Muraski Tart, which is a seasonal sweet potato tart for 324 yen. I don't think Nautokintoki is normally purple and there were non-purple chunks inside, so I suspect the purple part is normal Japanese sweet potato, not the Narutokintoki. It's nice for a change and as sweet potato tarts go, I'll say it's excellent.


No comments:

Post a Comment