Thursday, September 8, 2016

Glycine: Grenoble

Despite some rain, went to P. La Glycine in Meguro, near the river. I walked 9 km at 6 km/h and ran 3 km at 7 km/h, so still super slow. Could feel the running in my problem leg area, but seems okay. Still, I think I'll take a day off tomorrow and go out early Saturday and Sunday.

Ate in, outside under an awning. I had the Grenoble for 550 yen. It was good. It's a chocolate walnut tart with an almond crust, caramel, and fresh cream on top. It didn't really go beyond the base ingredients, and the caramel was the bitter almost coffee-like kind, which was okay eating it, but did not help and left a slight unwelcome aftertaste.



In the evening I made Italian-style meringue macaron shells. Seem okay but once again I probably didn't get enough air out, as they are rather hollow and bumpy.


Only remaining Excellent shop on my list I need to visit for a third cake is Chez Cima, which has a counter at Isetan. Before that, I want a sixth from Yu Sasage, which is expected to be on the Near-Great list.

No comments:

Post a Comment