Sunday, September 18, 2016

Dalloyau: Nakayama Chestnut Mont-Blanc

I must confess, that I had some pain from the previous run, which was only 2 km, but with 20+ km of walking. So I should limit how fast I ramp up my running and even my total. Even taking two days off, I felt at some point a little bit of the same soreness in my knee today, when I walked 8.7 km (I've decided to quit timing walking since I've moved on to worrying about my running), and 4 km of running averaging 7.6 km/h, which may be too much/fast at this point.

For cake, I did the rounds around the Tokyo Station, more than I needed too. First I went to
Echiré Maison du Beurre, which had 20 people in line, and then to Le R. Cinq, despite it being closed on weekends, as clearly noted on my own map. So I just went to Dalloyau (but stopping to check Frédéric Cassel) and got the seasonal Nakayama Chestnut Mont-Blanc, which was 702 yen.

This was a mild, creamy chestnut paste; in the center was a layer of sponge cake (like the base), which I was not expecting. Still, it was excellent, I suppose, even if the result is rather standard tasting as cake, although not of mont blancs.


This bird was posing so much in Hibiya Park, that I had to take a picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment