Sunday, September 11, 2016

Igrekplus [Marunouchi]: Meilleur

Walked 6 km to get some Rose syrup (though perhaps could have gotten somewhere else), and then to Ygrekplus where I got Meilleur(e/s/es) for 600 yen. As the name (as I'm guessing) suggests, this looked like the best I could do there. It has tonka beans, which seem to be popular now, and I could taste them and they added to the texture, but did not make it more than a standard frosted chocolate layer cake, although the top was fudge-like rather than a buttercream frosting. I did not have any particular recommendation for the shop, so this was just a matter of making sure I wad not overlooking anything in Marunouchi, which is relatively convenient for jogging. The cake was good, I suppose, but I would rather eat other things, so I don't expect to ever be back.

The 6 km there was about 6 km/h, and the 6 km back was about 5 km/h, walking. Parking for the Marunouchi Building seems problematic and anywhere, it was threatening rain, so I didn't take the bicycle. That experiment will have to wait for another time. Could be Thursday, but only the weather forecast changes

I forgot to blog that I tried Henri le Roux's Sarrasine chocolate, which has, I think, ganache made with soba-infused cream. Like other chocolates I've had from there, it was excellent.


No comments:

Post a Comment