Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Running and walking: Jean-Paul Hévin, Tonka

And, finally, I did some running again (well, I jogged a little down a slope last Wednesday, just because it was so steep that it was too hard to walk). Had some business around Shinjuku Station, so stopped at Jean-Paul Hévin at Isetan for Tonka. No seasonal cake: I need to check the homepage. Or, maybe like Frédéric Cassel, they don't do some specials at the beginning of the week. Tonka was the last regular cake at that shop, although I need to get back to the Marunouchi shop.

Total, I only did about 3.7 km, using the Meiji Jingu Gaien for one and a quarter laps. There was some slow (0.3 km) 5 km/h walking (I'm guessing, since I messed up the timing), 2 km at 6 km/h, 0.4 at 7 km/h, and 0.3 at 8 km/h. In the middle, I jogged 0.7 km at 7 km/h; so I learned I can walk faster than I thought and jog slower than I thought. I'm counting jogging double, since it's a lot more stressful, so I won't be converting to 60 km of jogging a week so soon, but my budget should still allow 5.4 km tomorrow, jogging slowly about 1.7 km of it, and 24 km of walking Thursday at 6 km/h while still  leaving some budget for the weekend. Last weekend was pretty irregular, so I need to smooth the lumps out, which means I might not be so strict about following the budget. Now I'm actually still lower for the last 7 days than the previous 7 days, whereas I'm allowing a 10% increase per week (generously including the current normal non-recreational walking in that budget, which has been getting faster as I recover), so if I suddenly get to 120% of one week ago, it's not a crisis. Maybe I should smooth over a longer period in calculating.

Cake! Cake was the Tonka (chocolate mousse and biscuit harmonized with tonka bean), as I said, which is just under 700 yen. It was great! I really love chocolate, I guess, so Jean-Paul Hévin always rates far above other shops with me, to the extent that I should just call them "Top".






No comments:

Post a Comment