Sunday, July 24, 2016

Thursday: Demel, Black Tea Torte

I'm behind writing from injury and having other things to do, but I'm past the immediate peaks of both, I think. Still typing one-handed, although some of the other hand's fingers could and may help out, although they're tired now (can't use chopsticks with my off hand for much).

Last week, leg still not right, though progressed more toward pins and needles than burning. Got cake from Demel, their Black Tea Torte, which seemed my best bet, among four choices. It's 540 yen and pretty substantial, so a good deal. Not sure that I could really identify the tea. I suppose there was chocolate in there too (besides the decoration), but too long ago to remember well; certainly not a major amount. It was definitely good, nice creamy torte, but was special, to make me look forward to having it again.



The same day, on the baking front, I managed macaron-like chocolate sandwich cookies (with chocolate ganache filling), that were actually delicious, but since it was the actual macaronage step where I failed, I won't call them maracons or show a picture (shells were both deformed, due to too thick batter, and cracked, although that might mean they needed more than the 1 hour of drying I gave them, though maybe they wouldn't have if they had been less fat). Since I've got them looking right but too dry previously, from overbaking, I can probably do better next time.

Need two more post to catch up, and then there is the email to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment