Saturday, July 30, 2016

Dalloyau: Charme

Walked a little too fast but maybe closer to 5 km/h than 6 km/m to Dalloyau for Charme for 486 yen (so no stamp in my Carte de fidélité). It's strawberry and whipped cream on top, which is a turn off and why I never got to this previously. Then dacquoise, vanilla cream, strawberry gelatin, vanilla cream, and dacquoise. This gel is good = not gummy. This is not my favorite thing, but it does what it does well and I appreciate diversity. It would be worth learning to make for someone else, so I'm rating it excellent. Sorry, forgot to take picture of shop.

For research purposes, got a Chocolat Noir macaron (250 yen) from Le Chocolat de H one street over. I wish I could get half that much foot, but the texture is not completely different from my last effort. Need longer drying and less baking, maybe. Mixing might have been okay.

And a chocolate filled donut-type oily sugar bomb (Beignet Chocolat Noisette?) from Paul at Yotsuya Station (324 yen). Long time since I've seen the Beignet Chocolat. Not sure that the nuts are fooling anyone, but I still find it hard to resist, at least once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment