Thursday, July 28, 2016

Amitié: Mon Régal

6 km/h walking turned out to be too much. Little surprised I was better enough to go out today, just barely, but stuck to 5 km/h for about 6.5 km, with a pause in the middle for cake at Amitié (you can eat in until 8 pm). Looks like that's as fast as I'll be going for a while.
Cake was the Mon Régal for 470 yen, which is definitely excellent. Like a well-cooked brownie (not burnt, but crispy/dry, and sugary) on a butter tart with a little raspberry, like 1 mm, and even less chocolate ganache to hold it in place. You can see what I assume is flakes from freeze-dried raspberries on top. Marked as a chef's favorite. I'd like to make it. Great balance between the raspberry and chocolate. I'll include photos of the shop, although there is not much to see at night.





No comments:

Post a Comment