Saturday, July 2, 2016

Paris S'éveille, Savarin

Took too long a walk to Jiyugaoka and back (especially too long, because there was a lot of meandering from about Nakamekuro there Omotesando, ultimately to no purpose, but I got home okay).

The trip started out with running 2 min to walking 1 min, running 40 min total this time at what I think was a 7-8 min/km pace. In this heat, I don't need to run much faster than that, since I started about noon because I was busy in the morning.

The cake was Savarin, because I've had most of their regular cakes, and anyway this actually sounded okay for me today. As anywhere, they careful warned me that there was a lot of alcohol in it. I've yet to say "I hope so", I just tell them that it's okay. This was 600 yen. It's pretty big, maybe 10 cm across, and was quite fine. Obviously, there seems to be whipped cream on top with almond slices and I'm not sure what, some sort of dried fruit, as well as cake well soaked in sugar and rum, and I'm not sure whether there is a little custard on the bottom or it was just whipped cream had that ended up on the bottom and picked up some rum on the way that stained it a little brown. It's still not my favorite cake, but this seemed to be excellent as Savarin go and I don't regret getting it instead of something else.


No comments:

Post a Comment