Thursday, December 17, 2020

Jouvaud, Douceur aux Mûres

Working my way through the potentially fine shops (I need to cut more than half), since Jouvaud visited Isetan, on Wednesday I went to get a second cake from them. The name was definitely Douceur aux Mûres, and that's a blackberry on top, but it's seasonal, so nothing on their homepage. I plan to get back there Saturday morning, so I'll get what else is in it. I suspect fig and chocolate, but I'm not sure. Certainly, it has an odd taste and I wasn't happy with the uniformly soft texture, but I did feel they were trying to do something, so I've giving them the benefit of the doubt. Still, two good cakes isn't going to make the cut, so I can't expect to ever get cake from them again. [Update] As I suspected from info on another berry cake, the other mousse besides blackberry is earl grey tea, which isn't that unusual.
In other news, Tuesday I actually tried to get new cake from the list of neighborhood shops. I was told the Stadium Café was open later when there is an event, but they weren't open Tuesday, when there should have been an event. I'll try again Friday, maybe. Instead, I tried the Glorious Chain Café. Their cake of the day was actually apple pie, so they aren't going to be a cake place for me. Still, I decided to try it. They heated it up without warning me (which took more than 5 minutes) and it was ok but sort of looked like a perfectly manufactured pie, which is what it was. Came with ice cream, which was good as ice cream. So I wasn't so satisfied except about checking them off the list of local places that need visiting.

   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment