Sunday, December 20, 2020

Nanatea and Tsutsumi, Broiled Cheesecake

Well, I'm not sure about this local tea salon, Nanatea and Tsutsumi, on the south Omotesando part of Kitaaoyama. I was there early (before noon), before they had any customers and asked about take out cake. They asked themselves about what they had ingredients for, which seems strange, as I was at the display case, but then I ended up waiting a long time to get this, so they really did make it, which sort of makes it café dessert rather than patisserie cake, even if I got it take out. Now that I know that "aburu" means "to broil", I know this is Broiled Cheesecake, which is exactly what it seems like, with the top soft like melted cheese but with an overall texture between typical cheesecake and cheese. I have to wonder if you get it hot if you order it eat in and I should have broiled it, but they didn't tell me and I didn't know until now, when I finally looked up the kanji for the name in the menu and recalled what I was told at the time. I'm going to say it was good allow it, so eventually I expect I'll get back, by which time hopefully they will have other cakes (menu also includes classic chocolate and cake of the day, though they only had the cheesecake as far as cakes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment