Friday, December 18, 2020

Cake-off: Viron's Gateau Chocolat over Éclat des Jours' Tartelette Mûre

Took off Thursday morning and did a run for cake-off cakes, or at least for the first one, Éclat des Jours' Tartelette Mûre. It seemed early when I started, so I took a longer route, but I paused enough and I'm slow enough that I wouldn't have been early if I had taken the shortest route. I decided to take the train back in two stages, stopping at the Marunouchi Viron to get their Gateau Chocolat. They don't have the selection of the Shibuya shop, but they have the basics.


These cakes are great in being top of their class in significant classes: classic baked chocolate cake and a custard and cream fruit tartlet. This time, I have to go with the chocolate, which is simple (in being uniform except for a little powered sugar on top) and delicious. This was a fourth round for two cakes with two wins and one loss, so the chocolate cake will get a round again next year but the tart can sit out a year. One more cake-off planned for this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment