Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Ladurée, Religieuse Pistache

Two days behind blogging, Tuesday I was particular lazy about running, doing only about 15 min. There was a lot of walking before that, as it took extra distance going home to get cake, and of course I did indoor workout components. I'm also working various stretches at night, as I was getting some hip pain.

The cake was, working through the exceptional shops, a new cake from Ladurée. There most exceptional aspect is their prices, which are high. I went with cheapest, though it also was perhaps the most promising. I got the last Religieuse Pistache. Although the Saint-Honoré Pistache hadn't impressed me, I had rated the Religieuse Fraise as excellent. This is large and small choux pastry balls filled with pistachio custard and covered in thick pistachio icing. It's not subtle, but I like pistachio, and sugar, so for me this was excellent.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment