Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Lenôtre, Éclair Gourmand Orange

Monday was a no-cake day, so I'll deal with that first. I wanted to rest somewhat from running, so first I did my basic indoor trunk workout and then went by bicycle down to Roppongi Hills to run some loops. I was successful on all four this time (from practice), which means I completed two easy ones and finally got clockwise on two others. Along the way, I found a shop specializing in scone and cheesecake, Happy Day for You, so I finally have a reason to make a loop in the northeast sector of Nishi-Azabu.

Tuesday, I went to Ginza to get another cake from Lenôtre, since it is now in the exceptional shop group and needs to more cakes to catch up and also is challenging the bottom of the quite exceptional shop group, so it's a priority. I did the running without walking, except for when the light was red, and did dashes between 4 minutes of running, so I got in a little more than four 1-min high-speed stretches. I ran back rather than walk the whole way, but didn't do any dashes. The rain started falling lightly a little more than 1 km out, but I could protect my cake. For the cake, I choose one of two open-face éclair, which I figured I should try. I went with Éclair Gourmand Orange (versus citron). The fruit is high quality, but overall it's not too exciting, despite the price. I need a lot more with my fruit. Lenôtre is still down 1 cake, and their great cakes haven't finished this year's cake-off challenges, so I expect more cake in the near future, but they are no longer a top priority and I'll go somewhere different next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment