Saturday, August 24, 2019

Cake-off: Frédéric Cassel's Inspiration Passion Framboise over Ladurée's Plaisir Sucré

After a morning appointment, I ran to Nihonbashi Mitsukoshi to pick something up and then walked down to Ginza Mitsukoshi to get Frédéric Cassel's Inspiration Passion Framboise and Ladurée's Plaisir Sucré. This was a second-round cake-off, where the former is just for this month (barring leftovers, maybe) and the later is the earliest of the round-one winners waiting for a second round. I brought them back by train.

As expected, paired against the sweet Plaisir Sucré, Inspiration Passion Framboise did not seem sour. It is tough to decided between these two, but I'll go with the more diverse (among my greats list) Inspiration Passion Framboise, so I remain two cakes behind on Frédéric Cassel. In any case, I'm two cakes behind on Ladurée, as I have been for a while, but that's because there are challengers from the category below (Ladurée is grouped with exceptional shops) that I need to sort out first, though Ladurée isn't lowest among the exceptional shops, so it won't be next to be demoted to make room for a new shop.

The main running was in the evening, and the main target was Nishi-Azabu--Minami-Azabu loop, but there are some tricky old and new turns that I don't know well enough, so I was quickly running just for practice. Similarly, I tried to run the Moto-Azabu--Roppongi loop, which has a double back and couple crossovers using footpaths, so ultimately, I see that even my practice was not correct (I ran way to far, around Roppongi High School). Also, there was a street festival (which showed up on Google maps), so I'll want to check for that if I try the same location tomorrow. On the other hands, I noticed St Moritz as a bread shop at the from turn from the main east leg of the loop. I also did the Moto-Azabu loop correctly clockwise, which is a 1.1 km loop with just three sites (two temples and park), but it's on some back streets where where I needed to turn to keep from getting sucked into a dead end. I also missed a jog to the right one block before getting back to the main street. Though trivial, I could do the Roppongi 6 north loop (794 m) and Roppongi 4 loop (243 m) clockwise, so I'll be able to get those out of the way, though the former is just one loop in a chain of little loops clumped with the Nishi-Azabu--Minami Azabu loop, so I might end up jogging along it one way more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment