Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Frédéric Cassel, Mille-Feuille Finger Chocolat et Vanille

Another week, another great cake from Frédéric Cassel. The running was much like yesterday (same route, same destination), only I walked a little less (but substituting a dash for 1 min walking on the grounds that I had rested at a traffic light during the preceding running period) but again decided that walking back was good for the cake and my body (also, it had been raining, so it was seriously humid). I got my target cake, which was the Mille-Feuille Finger Chocolat et Vanille (otherwise, I was considering going elsewhere and trying again tomorrow). There was a time where every month had a different flavor of this as part of the monthly "inspiration", but not lately. Instead, I think that they've had this mille-feuille finger for a while. I can't find the official announcement for Ginza Mitsukoshi, though it was at Ebisu for a few days back in April, so maybe it's been around since then. Great texture (the base has some crunch, as well as the mille-feuille) and great chocolate, so how can I resist. I'm never going to get to third-round cake-offs of older cakes at this rate, although the only other new cake at FC is about to be replaced (from mangue (mago) to maron (chestnut)) and FC has to keep winning cake-offs or else eventually I'll get fewer cakes from there even if they have new cakes. Still, It's the kind of probably that you want to have. At home, I did the base indoor workout, to get some more exercise, and so that I don't feel compelled to stay in on Friday night. I should do more upper body tomorrow, though, when I plan to run to a different Ginza shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment