Thursday, August 1, 2019

Origines Cacao, Double Fromage

Hit my highest priority target by running to Ginza 6 and getting my 18th new cake from Origines Cacao. Looks like they'll keep their seasonal cakes through Aug. 25, and it looks like JPH might do the same (they are running at about 2 months between changes, or half the speed of previously). Didn't try to stop by Sadaharu Aoki on the way back, so not sure what they'll do for August, but usually they have have some special somewhere once a month (not necessarily cake) and change the seasonable cakes every 3 months. I have to check Tokyo Midtown on Saturday and maybe Isetan on Sunday. Back to Origines Cacao today: rather than one of the seasonal ones, I went with a standard I hadn't had yet, Double Fromage (I think it was called), which is obviously a rare-baked combo cheesecake, usually the best kind of fancy cheesecake. This time the running was 1:7 walking/waiting:running, with 1 min of dash in the middle of the running, for actual muscle training. Only could do 8 full cycles, though, so just over 55 min of running. Not sure whether I'll adjust the ratio for the next run planned Saturday morning, since I'd like to hit 10 dashes in a run, though once a week for that might be enough. I'll consider.

The cake was definitely excellent, flavorful with a relatively light texture, so this shop is still in line to take a spot among the superb shops, but it's no longer challenging the quite superb shops, which I now can get back to visiting, after Lenôtre (the new top priority) and cake-off winners, along with quite fine shops and occasionally new shops (though maybe not until Lenôtre's place is settled).

No comments:

Post a Comment