Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Libertable: Tarte Apricot

Went down to Libertable for pastry or cake. As it happened, they had the fourth of the four pastries that I've seen there, so I didn't even look at cake. Baked tarts have been the last thing I've gone for in sampling pastries, presumable because I have a low expectation of them, but this apricot tart (and I'm not sure that I've gotten the name right, so when I go back for cake, which is also a priority, I should check) was definitely worth good, and slowly I came to the decision that it was excellent, and then that it was definitely excellent. I'm not even sure what a great baked tart tastes like, so I might have to revisit this, but this was pretty good. I'm not sure how to describe it in detail, but it is a pretty strong flavor but not too tart (in the sense of apricots), that is, the fruit has been well baked into mellowness. The tart bottom isn't quite caramelized, but it's in that direction, compared to just pastry, and in between is, all I know to say is, butter tart. Now I'm more interesting in trying this kind of tart at other places.

The running started with 1-min intervals of something more resembling actual running than jogging. I had a better idea about where the interruptions were, so that only took 12 min of running time to fit in 5. Then I ran to Libertable, got my cake, reused a bag at least (still used a box), and ate it on a bench in Akasaka where I was not expecting to get assaulted by mosquitoes. From there, I decided to at least get one piece of the neighborhood course out of the way, and jogged to the Hatonomori Hachiman Shrine to do the Sendagaya Southeast Loop and then run home sticking to the neighborhood route (so taking a shortcut to get there is fine, but I have follow the neighborhood route to or or from the same start point on the neighborhood route map every time for it to count as running a neighborhood course; Libertable is on the neighborhood route, but it's a ways from home along it, much more of a detour, so I'm not ready for that). I also decided to just the route to a more Google-friendly one rather than keep the old route running up the steps of Senjuin temple, though I saw someone going up that way as I passed, so it's not totally unreasonable, just a little unnecessarily and potentially obnoxious (you're sort of running right up to someone's house and then swerving into the back drive when the security lights come on in your face). It was only about 70 minutes of running, but tough due to the early hard running, plus the stairs and slopes of following the neighborhood route faithfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment