Thursday, July 19, 2018

Bien-être: Mille-Feuille au Cheries

Ran out to Bien-être, which took about 33 minutes, long enough at this stage of my recovery (and summer). As usual, the eating space was full, so I got the Mille-Feuille au Cheries, which is the American cherry version of their mille-feuille, and walked it home. Not sure that I have to take it that slow, but I'd hate to wrong the other way and I wanted my cake to be in good shape when I ate it. I'm willing run longer tomorrow, though the weekend will probably be cycling again (which is much easier in this heat, or would be if my arm were fully recovered).

The cake was much like their "au Raisin" version, except for the substitution of cherries: it's heavy on the mille-feuille and fruit and very light on the custard. It's not dramatic, but it's nice to just enjoy mille-feuille. The mille-feuille is moderately loose/dense as mille-feuille goes, which works well; a lot of dense mille-feuille would seem overly dry, I think, and I'd actually want more custard, and too loose..., well, not my idea of cake. Anyway, it satisfies my criterion for being excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment