Thursday, July 26, 2018

Bien-être, Caprice

As planned, I did a shorter run today, under 10 km round trip and a little over 1 hour, carrying cake on the way back and with a kilo of nuts from Nikunohanamasa, to Bien-être, where my only choice of a new cake was Caprice (by my guess of the phonetic Japansese) . As usually these days there, the tables were full with people eating parfaits, though there were few cakes left for anyone who wanted cake anyway, maybe just 4 pieces that I can remember.

I didn't read the card in detail (I'm tired when I go), but there is definitely fig and I believe cassis (currant). The blueberry is just decoration (though eatable). I might be giving the shop the benefit of the doubt, but I think this was excellent. I've complained about some fig cakes recently, but this gets both the balance of fruit flavors and the texture/moisture right, so excellent isn't out of line. I was lucky to get cake. I know they've had other cakes I haven't tried yet recently, so I hope that I can get something next week as well. Bien-être is on verge of taking over as my #3 favorite shop. They don't has as many great cakes as my current #3, but they also have fewer duds.

No comments:

Post a Comment