Friday, July 20, 2018

Jean-Paul Hévin, Mousse au Chocolat Annam

Went to Jean-Paul Hévin at Isetan after work for their first day with a new cake item and there was a pretty full selection and no line, which was convenient, but scary: I don't want them to go out of business. It's so hot, getting cake requires a commitment to get home soon. Mousse au Chocolat Annam had excellent chocolate, but as advertised, basically just mousse, which is limiting. Specifically this is mousse from chocolate from Vietnam (i.e., Annam).

I ran afterward and visited Tokyo Midtown just to see whether they had different Ryoura cakes than previously but only saw one and it was one that I've had and seen there before, so probably I'll go to Ryoura Sunday (I know, I'm still two shops behind on rewarding past cake-off winners, but I'll get around to them eventually). I continued around the far side of Akasaka Palace to reach Lawson 100 for groceries. Messed up my timing around the 25 min mark in Akasaka, but I estimate 40 to 50 minutes total running. I might get out tomorrow running, but I plan to go by bicycle for the distant cakes, due to heat and the need to rehabilitate my right arm (not doing is not getting better).


No comments:

Post a Comment