Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Le Grenier à Pain: Saint Honoré Pistache

Another day of proper running and another first cake, this time an actual first cake. Le Grenier à Pain is at Isetan, and though they are a bakery, they have cake, apparently. They have a shop out in Kojimachi, so they are practically local, just a little bit on the wrong side of the north boundary. I got Saint Honoré Pistache, which is just what it sounds like. 

For the running, I worked on revisiting the neighborhood course from yesterday, only approaching Lawson 100 from the reverse direction. I wanted at least 30 minutes of running, but ran almost 48 minutes, which is the longest I've done in months, though it was pretty slow in the 30+ degC evening weather.

The cake was good, but the pastry part (versus the custard and cream, which was normal) was fairly hard (not a bad idea, to avoid sogginess) and frosted like Christmas cookies, which was just weird. It's not a taste I've run into with cake before, and its not one that I need, so I'm not sure whether I'll take advantage of them again for a second cake during their week at Isetan. I assume that they are there for a wekk, but the Isetan webpage with that info has been blank or missing all day.

It is possible that I'll go Friday and get a pastry, if they are not sold out (on a Friday, I may end up walking around the entire Shinjuku 3-chome area and finding everything I might want is sold out), though my first choice is the new chocolate tart coming to JPH, for which the odds of my getting on its first day after work on Friday are close to zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment