Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Frédéric Cassel: Choux Vanille

Did a walk and run to Ginza Mitsukoshi for a cake from Frédéric Cassel. I've been trying to get Choux Vanille for some time without luck. This week, I was ready to get this month's tart (raspberry), but they finally had the choux pastry, lots, actually (and lots of everything else; apparently, Tuesday is a good day to go there), so I got one.

The running was only 2 km in the middle of the outbound run. My feet were not totally unaffected by yesterday's run, so I didn't try to increase the running (though I increased the walking).

The shell on this pastry is very thin, which is not a complaint. The custard was not too wet (not sure that this is a real thing, but there is surely a spectrum of custard) or eggy, so the excellent vanilla flavor came through well and I enjoyed this very much. I tend to like complicated cakes, but I'm going to say that this was great and see how it stands up to the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment