Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Fiorentina Pastry Boutique, Mille-feuille

Got my cake by bicycle first. Even though Fiorentina Pastry Boutique lost the last cake-off, it won the one before, so this catches me up on them (fourth cake). I decided to go with the safe choice of Mille-feuille. For running, I tried the modified Akasaka--Azabudai--Roppongi--Toranomon loop failed when it came time to make the last turn before the new site I just confirmed last night, KB-Keiji, which I'll get to below. I was thinking I needed to turn at the next light, but was just looking for crosswalks, so I missed the first intersection with a stoplight and overshot by enough that I knew I gone too far. I went back and confirmed the correct place, which might help if I try again tomorrow, and then headed for home. On the way back, I found another Natural Lawson within the same loop, but I can't see a more efficient way to add it to the over course than as another around-the-block cul-de-sac loop, unfortunately. No change to the main loop. I say "another" because last night I confirmed a different such loop, also because of a Natural Lawson, but at least that loop has another site on it, so splitting that one off shortened the main loop slightly at least, but that would have been near the end of the run, whereas I only got about 40% of the loop. The cake was fine. They did not do anything fancy, but it seemed perfect for what it was and I like mille-feuille, so I can say it was excellent. The run felt good, but I don't imagine my feet will be happy about it tomorrow. It was doing 1:6 walking:running and ended up doing over 73 minutes of running. 

Monday, I went out by bicycle to confirm some sites and do some shopping become coming home and doing some indoor working out. The new shop was KB-Keiji, which is a German cake/bread shop (so a konditorei&backerei, thus the KB). I got what I'll have to write as Nusswolen, though I can't find any comparable name or desert from anywhere except this shop. It's hazelnuts, shortened to just nuts (nuss), but I don't no what woren/wolen is. It was ok, but pretty dry. The shop and shopkeeper seem quite old but there is a pretty varied selection. Looks hard to keep going, though I went pretty late, so maybe they move a lot of bread during the day, which there wasn't much of when I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment