Sunday, July 7, 2019

Le Chocolate Alain Ducasse, Mousse au Chocolat & Millefeuille Chocolat/Noisette

Saturday, I finally visited a pricey chocolate salon on my neighborhood running route (Roppongi 6 north loop), Le Chocolate Alain Ducasse. The other location is Nihonbashi. I can't say I know a better shop for chocolate desserts, though the best JPH café desserts are at the Kyoto shop, as are some special cakes I'm envious of.

Besides a nice tea and definitely good hot chocolate, the order was Mousse au Chocolat, which is a lot of mousse (I was happy to eat just half), with decorated by a different kind of chocolate, but I'm so sophisticated that I can remember what two countries they were from, but I believe that it does matter. Definitely good.


The other was Millefeuille Chocolat/Noisette, which has quite rich chocolate cream and a millefeuille that matched well. I think I could detect the hazelnut (beside the millefeuille obviously having been made out of something) but it is not a huge influence. Also definitely good.



Good is maybe not high praise but I'm serious that this might be the best place for high-end chocolate café desserts, even if I'm more interested in straight cake, which these could qualify for in a pinch but doesn't seem like a fair classification.

No comments:

Post a Comment