Saturday, July 27, 2019

Cake-off: En Vedette's En Vedette over Fiorentina Pastry Boutique's Estate

For this weekend's cake-off, I finally got around to using En Vedette's name-sake cake in a second-round winner's cake-off. I was figure it was always around and a recent entry, so there was no hurry, but the second half of the year is advancing, so I should get to last year's cakes. The opposite is a very recent entry, from last month, Estate ("estah-te"). These are both somewhat subtle cakes, so it seemed like a good match. Estate is fruity with strong white chocolate taste spiked with pistachio and En Vedette is chocolate raisin spiked with rum (though maybe there is alcohol in Estate as well--I need to check again). I'm going with En Vedette and the smooth rum flavor over the sweetness of Estate as a better balance in my greats list.

The run was 1:5 min walking:running, taking 50 minutes of running to get to En Vedette (somewhat because that was a good cut-off place and I wasn't going to get another 5 min running), which was faster than I expected, as I feel I'm running really slow these days. I should hit the Gaien track and do some timed training. I brought it back by train and then went out again for Estate at Roppongi hills, running another 20 min or so and walking the cake back. Added a few pictures to my neighborhood map.

No comments:

Post a Comment