Thursday, February 6, 2020

En Vedette, Marron Vanille

Ended up at En Vedette again, after first striking out at Viron for their apple tart, going northwest up to Bien-être for the chance of something new (they do have something maybe new in the lineup---I needed to ask a more detailed question about what was in the chocolate chiboust besides the obvious, since I've had the chocolate raspberry)---but it was sold out) and back down south, past Viron to Shibuya Scramble Square. This time I went for the Marron Vanille, which is chestnut brulée, and lemon cream surrounded by vanilla mousse. It's very soft (except for the chestnut) and fairly mild, and my first reaction was that it was just good but not my kind of thing, but really its a nice change, like the last cake I got from them, and it qualifies as excellent. I'm going through their cakes pretty fast, but I just need one more to promote them and finally have a clear boundary between the quite fine and exceptional shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment