Sunday, February 23, 2020

Jean-Paul Hévin: Alexandra

After a morning of pastries and a visit to Jean-Paul Hévin to get Alexandra. I went out again and visited few shops I wanted pictures of over in the Suga Shrine clump of my neighborhood running course, and then tried to run the Gaien clump, where, in reverse order, I found what was wrong with one of the loops and then, when it didn't matter, turned too soon. Hadn't known about a shrine.

On the way back, I enabled verification that I should not get the Chewy Roll (Hokkaido Milk Cream Cake Roll) from Lawson Station.

All this is just to day talking about the Alexandra, which is my least favorite JPH cake as of now. It's Madagascar chocolate mousse (which might be fine), thyme honey infused biscuit, vanilla Bavarian cream, and raspberry gelatin. These don't seem like things I want in a chocolate cake in generally, and they certainly didn't combine well. Actually, the cake had a seedy texture, so maybe there is actual thyme, not just honey from bees that collected pollen from thyme. Well, it was ok; at least it was educational, I suppose: don't get cakes like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment