Thursday, November 10, 2016

Mandarin Oriental Tokyo: Kimono

Today's run was to Mandarin Oriental Tokyo Gourmet Shop, where I got Kimono for 864 yen. They have quite a bit of seating outside and in a kind of enclosed patio. Sorry, no shop picture: I was distracted from finding that I was missing a glove (they had it behind the counter). Like the previous cake, this was chocolate and orange, but otherwise very different. This is heavy cake. It was definitely good, but not really special beyond that, which is too bad because it's not a bad route. The picture is edible, but the shop label is not.



Unfortunately, there were not any stairs or steep enough slopes to keep my speed down, so I tipped over into the 10 km/h range, which is dangerous, but I seem okay so far (though I'm worried about getting a cold). The tip is about 6 km each way, though the first 1 km was definitely close to 9 km/h, as was the return trip, so I've only got 5 km unplanned 10 km/h running. I'll have to shorten one run next week to stay in budget, but I'm dropping another run back there anywhere, so I kind find something shorter to do. Fortunately, Isetan will have a visiting shop that I want to try by then, so I can find something close to home to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment