Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Henri le Roux: Bouchée au Praliné Croquant

Messed up Monday and ran without cake. I've been shuffling my schedule too much and forget which one I checked the hours on and Asterisque is not open Monday, but I still got in 11 km at 9 km/h, which was too fast. I was 1 km over Sunday cycling and needed to run back slower, but I didn't know the kilometer marks, just I slowed down, but not enough, I just went from less than 1/2 km/h above 9 km/h to less than 1/2 below, and I'm not doing fractions, so I was over budget. On the other hand, I expanded my running budget by less than 1% over two weeks, so if it jumps an extra 1% over the maximum (which is supposed to 10%, but I pad that with weekly walking), then no big deal. I couldn't run today anyway.

Instead, I went to Henri le Roux (at Isetan) and really splurged (it sort of counts for Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday), and got the Bouchée au Praliné Croquant (ブーシェ・オ・プラリネ・クロッカン, 972 yen) which is a big crunchy (but soft) chocolate praliné stick, which is why it costs three times a normal little chocolate, although the quality is similar. I tried to ask what ブーシェ (buushe) means and they looked it up in their notes, but didn't know (actually, it means a mouthful). Well, it's just a department store counter. What I really wanted was to try their praliné mini tarts, which are only available at Isetan, but they only come in the gift sets that started at 3000 yen, so not something I'm going to get into lightly. Anyway, great sweet, in the sense that I definitely want to remember to get it again, but not, of course, cake, so sort of a side project.

Full disclosure, I'm also working through my raspberry chocolate not-quite macarons, which I'm surprised have gone moist inside from absorbing moisture from the ganache, which is supposed lwhat you're supposed to want, but that ganache had sat in the freezer for too long and was dried out, so I hadn't expect a change even after two days (which is the recommended about of time of waiting before eating after filling, not that I'm intentionally that patient).

No comments:

Post a Comment