Thursday, November 24, 2016

Viron: Tarte Apricot

Snow and rain stopped in the afternoon, although it's still 10 degC colder than any other run this season, but I could go to Viron and back, over 10 km, averaging above 9 km/h. My knees were hurting afterward abit, but they warmed up in the shower and seem okay now.

"Cake" for today was the Tarte Apricot from Viron for 486 yen. It's more of a pasty, although it was with the cakes and I've already decided that tarts count as cake in general, so it seemed fair to take it over either of the coffee-flavored cakes (an Opera and an éclair). The tart was definitely good, with a nice apricot flavor and sugary buttery goodness, but was not really memorable, so I'm demoting Viron back to just "excellent" rather than "near-great" as a shop. Still, I've had several great cakes from there, so when I get around to reviewing the great cakes I've recorded, I'll get back there again and if they have something new that looks promising, I'll try it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment