Thursday, November 17, 2016

Asterisque: Gabrielle

Today's run was to Asterisque again. This time I got Gabrielle (ガブリエル), although I might be misremembering "Gabriel": I should really write these down when I'm in the shop. This is a dome of cassis (blackcurrant) flavored meringue, with some cassis mousse and cassis compote in the center/bottom. I think I've had this before (pre-blog), but I suspect that I didn't appreciate it as much. Now, I don't need everything to be nuts and chocolate, plus I brought it home, so I could eat it in a relaxed environment. Even though fruity cakes aren't my favorite, this was not too strong or weak, and it's unusually light: you could easily eat it with a spoon, except for the hard base.



Running was slightly more than last time, so still 10 km, with half 9 km/h and coming back cake-running 8 km/h. I'd run again tomorrow, but I really am not getting much else done and I need to do some cleanly by tomorrow night. Probably get something worth blogging Saturday/Sunday, but no running: I'm planning to get a flu shot instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment