Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Sunday August 23, I hit the Omote-Sandou Stn. north area hard, starting with getting cake from a coffee shop, Nikka Block Cafe. I had had an excellent sablé from there. On the negative side, no cake take-out, but no drink requirement, so I figured if the cake's good, I'll make it a cake site on the new neighborhood course map. Unfortunately, this cake hits back hard. It's not stale, and a certain amount of hardness is expected, but it didn't really work for me. Ok, but needs a lot of whipped cream.

In better news, I liked the sunflower seed macaron from Cooing, which is evidently Korean.

In other local sweets news, Streamer Coffee Company Harajuku had a nice cookie, whereas the basement cafe in Omotesando Hills was manufactured on the other side of the country and not so great. I also didn't appreciate the pound cake from Ratio&C bike shop. Finally, though they apparently used to sell Kobe Donuts, now they are into muffins from a company called Berry Wise. Actually, definitely good, though I don't usually do muffins. This one was macadamia nuts and chocolate, maybe.



No comments:

Post a Comment