Saturday, September 26, 2020

Cake-off: Sadaharu Aoki's Chocolat Pralin over En Vedette's Mont-blanc

On my last morning off in the series, I did a cake-off, but since it was Tuesday, a couple cakes that I wanted would unavailable, so I finally did the third-round between two-time losers. That sounds bad, but these stayed among the great cakes despite losing, so I wasn't that worried about either of them. In particular, I remembered the Chocolat Pralin by Sadaharu Aoki as being definitely great, just matched against heavy hitters both times. It gets the win this time, which is not surprisingly. I really like chocolate and praline, and it's a good sized cake. It's weakness is perhaps it's simplicity, so would could get tired of it. In this case, I think I had tea and I had another cake to breakup things, really nice mont-blanc which gets a good amount of meringue in by sandwiching the cream wrapped in chestnut past between two disks. No disappointments with either.


No comments:

Post a Comment