Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Cake-off: Pierre Gagnaire's Mousse aux Chocolat et Yuzu over Musée du Chocolat Théobroma's San Juaquin Dos

It was a wet day that got wetter, so just walking during the day. Last week's cake-off was a third round against one-and-one cakes. First, before the season runs out (if there is a season) I got Mousse aux Chocolat et Yuzu again from Pierre Gagnaire. For the other cake, the rarely visited Musée du Chocolat Théobroma, which has one worthwhile cake that I've found, their signature chocolate cake, San Juaquin Dos.

Unfortunately, I'll have to admit, it turned out that I wasn't much in the mood for chocolate. Nevertheless, these were great cakes, so I did enjoy eating them. Neither is a top chocolate cake, but they each represent a type. In this case, maybe just because I was looking for something beyond chocolate, I had to go with the mousse cake. In some ways, the San Juaquin Dos is pretty plain, but it has a kind of advantage in that way, so I'm not willing to give it up. Still, with two losses, it will have to wait until next year to get it's fourth round.

No comments:

Post a Comment