Saturday, April 18, 2020

Cake-off: Jean-Paul Hévin's Violette over En Vedette's Rocher

Last Sunday, having caught up the previous week one week late on Saturday (where the week runs Saturday to Friday), I started the next week with a third-round cake-off between two undefeated cakes, the recent Rocher by En Vedette, and Violette by Jean-Paul Hévin, which had been sleeping in my freezer since a week ago, waiting for a competitor. I assume all the Jean-Paul Hévin shops are closed by now, and that at least the Tokyo one's were closed by last weekend, so the latter cake is somewhat a miracle. It also tastes like a miracle: the perfect mousse layer cake, accented with fruit. The Rocher really has more going on, as far as textures, and I'll be giving it a fourth round soon, but this JPH cake remains undefeated. Too made I'll probably have to wait until next year before a fourth round (I'm hoping that I don't have to wait until next year for all other cakes, or I hope they expand their capacity to make cakes for delivery, since their Marco Polo was sold out last I looked).

No comments:

Post a Comment