Thursday, April 30, 2020

Cake-off: Paris S'éveille's Giverny over En Vedette's Rocher

Did a cake-off, first going to Paris S'éveille to get Giverny. Only problem is, they were opening late and I arrived early. However, I hadn't done my stretches the day be fore and had no trouble filling a hour hour catching up. There's a little two set sort of park across the street with a phone booth where I could social distance and keep an eye on the door to make sure people didn't line up in front of me, which they didn't. Unfortunately, road vibrates caused layer shifting and scattering of fruit. After bring this home and having lunch with the extra new cake, I went out by En Vedette, also by bicycle and also getting one extra cake: my contribution to reducing unnecessary trips. Again, the road vibration separated layers, in this case the top decoration. No great impact on taste of either, I assume. These were pretty well matched. On the one hand, Rocher is a  fine collection of things I like, as far as being nutty and chocolaty. On the other hand, Giverny offered a different slightly fruity alternative and avoided being over sweet better, I think, so in the end I decided to give it the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment