Sunday, January 12, 2020

Lenôtre: Tour Eiffle Fraise

Tuesday, I was feeling a little sore and the weather was poor, so I went by bicycle to get cake from Lenôtre at the Ginza Mitsukoshi. I avoided the glass desserts by trying another red winter variation on one of their standard cakes, in this case a strawberry version of their caramel cake. The Tour Eiffle Fraise. I'm not a big fan of strawberry in particular, but it seems like an improvement over the regular chocolate version, or at least a nice variation. It was definitely good, though one could reasonably want more from the price. This shop still remains at the top of the exceptional shops, so it will likely get promoted. There are a still a couple glass desserts to try. Also, there is a winter version of their Plaisir that wasn't that much different from the original, which was just good, so I'm hoping something else will turn up. They should at least come up with something special for Valentine's Day, though I'm sure they'd rather sell chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment