Monday, January 13, 2020

Cake-off: Sadaharu Aoki's Mont D'or's over Jean-Paul Hévin's Macaron Chocolat a l'Ancienne

With today (Monday), finally catching up on blogging. I've been out sick, but today I went out and visited Isetan, among other errands. I believe this will be the last weekend for an indefinitely time for Jean-Paul Hévin's Macaron Chocolat a l'Ancienne, otherwise getting it in an 4th round cake-off would not be a priority, since I still have lower ranked 3rd rounds to do. I matched it against another two losses and one win limited-time (through February) cakes, Mont D'or from Sadaharu Aoki's. I'm planning something more challenging for next week.

The Macaron Chocolat a l'Ancienne had the usual problem of being over-engineered as a chocolate delivery device, though I remain fond of it as as an old classic. Mont D'or as a nice smooth chocolate with enough chestnut to give it a special flavor and an accept of cassis/currant and I give it the win.

Besides cake, I also proved my recovery by performing my standard non-weights (mostly upper body) muscle training and then doing a run taking in a neighborhood clump, my Shinanomachi Stn. one (just 3.577 km length by itself), and a counter clockwise confirmation of my revised Samon-chou loop, spending about an hour total, though there was some walking while I grabbed a candy snack and firmed the last loop before heading for grocery shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment