Friday, February 8, 2019

Feuilleté aux Marrons

Tuesday, I rand back down to Shibuya Hikarie ShinQs and this time managed to get the target object, Feuilleté aux Marrons from Sadaharu Aoki, or at least that's what I think they are calling it: they seem to be the only one using the particular Japanese phonetic spelling, at least online. Anyway, it's a flaky pastry like a galette des rois but filled with chestnut. I dared run with it, trying to do a few small nearby neighborhood course loops without looking them up, it it survived fine. I only managed the Minami-Aoyama 5 loop, which doesn't have any cross-streets.

The pastry was excellent. I decided from experience that I shouldn't try to eat it cold, so I let it heat up at 40 degC in the convection oven for five or ten minutes first. Also, I cut it with a knife, because the edge texture isn't as good from biting. I should have more pastries from them, like their croissants (regular and green tea, I think I've seen)), but I'll have to wait until Valentine's season is over, because they don't have the time or space for them now. Hope I can still find cake this weekend around all the chocolate selling.

No comments:

Post a Comment