Sunday, February 17, 2019

L'Atelier du Sucre, Mont-blanc

Working my way through the A's of the potentially very good Tokyo cake shops, I did a run out to L'Atelier du Sucre in Edogawa-ku, on the extreme east side of Tokyo. I was prepared to take it slow but hoped for about 3 hours from start to reaching the shop, but actually I guess I didn't take that many pictures and the course is pretty straightforward, so I arrived in 2.5 hours. It was nicer run than I expected (the long straight section along a main road didn't seem so long).

The Mont-blanc looked attractive, so I went for that this time. It was definitely good, a vehicle for lots of sweet chestnut paste, though not that exceptional. Looks like this shop won't make the cut either. New a few such shops to have an excellent third cake, but there ware lots still to check. Next in distance, perhaps, will be Ces Journal, which is a couple kilometers nearer. Before that, I hope to sample Blondir via Isetan.


No comments:

Post a Comment