Friday, October 30, 2020

Viron, Moelleux Marron Chantilly

I was disappointed Monday that the Baba was sold out at Viron (Shibuya-ku). I wasn't surprised, though, since it was a work day, after which I went (running) to get my dry cleaning before coming back and then heading out to Isetan to get a PH cake. However, the latter cake definitely would be fine an extra day, despite them saying it needs to be eaten the same day, regardless of the cake (for JPH, for example, I note that the Paris website indicates 2 days for the same cakes as sold in Japan). Back to Viron, I was happy to see new cakes, since their new items appear slower that I would like, so I'm always looking for something new. In this case, I went with the Moelleux Marron Chantilly, which pretty much tells you everything there is to know, at least with the picture. On one hand, it's just a soft chestnut-based cake with whipped cream with candied chestnut pieces. On the other hand, this creates a well-balanced dessert that I have no hesitation about calling excellent.  


No comments:

Post a Comment