Sunday, October 25, 2020

Le Salon Jacques Borie, Pistache

Was busy on the weekend, but catching up, midweek I had one cake, La Pistache from the (Le Salon) Jacques Borie at Isetan. Actually, I was looking for something else at Isetan, since I haven't finished bringing up the exceptional shops to 8 net cakes, but I didn't mind getting back to this quite fine shop that I had three excellent cakes in a row. 

This was definitely a good cake. It's got a great sablé and the whipped cream, but the latter tends to drown the pistachio flavor (perhaps the pistachio part is pistachio cream rather than a stronger paste). Nice cake from someone who likes something on the light side, though I assume this shop will safely stay in the quite fine category, even though I'm hoping to cut 1/3 in this pass.



No comments:

Post a Comment